Recreational Vehicles(RV) are becoming a part of outdoors, and adventure escaped of some families, couples and some group of individuals. It offers alternative accommodation for people on the go, away from the busy and hassle life in the city. It is a good option to consider for those who are tired of being holed up in a hotel room. With RV, you can go beyond the norm and explore more and enjoy nature at its best. With RV, nothing is compromised. Because, wherever you go, your home is with you.
All you need to do is the plan.
- Buy or Rent. You already have a plan for outdoors with your family. The next and more important decision is whether to buy your RV or just rent. It will be a tough decision to make. Both have their pros and cons. If you think you already embrace the idea and looking forward to having many more happenings like this, you may decide to buy. Just don’t forget to consider a parking space in your homes.
For those who want to exercise the wait and see attitude, they may opt to just rent for the main time. Whatever it is, it’s your call.
- Know your RV. Familiarity is the key to every success story. Whether it’s a car, a motorbike or a truck you are driving, the safest way to drive it, is familiarized it first. Knowing its characteristics and how will it respond to your actions, is a key to good driving. The status of the brakes, the speed where it is still stable to drive, how it handles rough roads. There are many more things to get familiarized. Remember, the more you know about it, the safer it becomes.
- Test drive. After knowing the details of the RV, the nest thinks to do now is to drive it. Drive to a place, which similar terrain with your planned destination. Get used to how it will respond to your every turn, drive it uphill or downhill to get acquainted with the brakes. Drive through a rough road to check the suspension system.
- Tools and spare parts. Here we go. You are almost ready to hop in. Now, do you have the tools and spare parts? In case of any break down along the road, the hardest part in repairing does not have the tools that you need. The trouble may not be a hard one; even you have help from passersby, still, you can do nothing without the tools. Some have needed special tools for the special task.
- Now, consider that you have the tools, what about the spare parts? Some parts easily damage. What if you will need to replace a bulb? Or you need to replace the busted fuse? How about jumper cables, nuts, and bolts? These are basic parts available in the local automotive shops. Just imagine how frustrating it is to be stuck halfway to your destination, with your family in tow.
- Plan It Right. While it is good to be extra adventurous, planning is still essential. When you have your whole family with you, you wouldn’t want to be stuck on the side of the road, helpless. It is better to plan your route, your planned stops for overnight, your budget and the things that you will be bringing with you.
7. Prepare your campground checklist. Try to be familiar with the following.
- Check for low branches, rocks or any obstacles on the ground.
- Check the location of electricity, water and sewer lines, where you can connect.
- Pull your RV in and follow the procedure in stabilizing and keeping it secure to the ground.
- Don’t forget to connect to the power line, instead of using your battery.
- Connect your hose to the sewer line properly
In every adventure in life, it is always best to stay in focus. The more it is planned, the more it will be okay.